Views:6 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2017-11-16 Origin:Site
Questions and Answers :
What is a magnet?
At its most basic level, a magnet is an object that is made of materials that create a magnetic field. Magnets have poles, at least one north pole and one south pole.
What is a magnetic field?
A magnetic field is the region in space where a magnetic force can be detected. The magnetic field strength and direction can be measured in terms of strength and direction.
What is magnetism?
Magnetism is the force of attraction or repulsion between substances made of certain materials, such as iron, nickel, cobalt, and steel. The force of magnetism, simply put, is due to the motion of electric charges.
What can magnets do?
Magnets have several useful functions. Based on experience with household magnets, most people know that magnets attract materials, including iron, nickel, cobalt, and steel. Many people also know that magnets attract magnets at opposite poles and repel magnets at like poles. But magnets do much more.
Magnets effect electrically charged particles and electrical conductors. Magnets have the ability transform electrical energy without losing their own energy. These effects can perform useful functions, for example:
· Electrical-to-mechanical effects are key in the function of motors, loudspeakers, and equipment that requires charged particle deflection.
· Mechanical-to-electrical effects are useful in generators and microphones.
· Mechanical-to-heat effects facilitate eddy current and hysteresis torque devices.
· Mechanical-to-mechanical effects attract or repulse objects.
· Other effects of magnets include magneto-resistance and magnetic resonance.
What are rare earth magnets?
The term Rare Earth Magnets is used to refer to a group of magnetic materials whose alloys consist of one or more of the Rare Earth elements. These materials are characterized by exceptionally strong magnetic properties.
What are ceramic magnets?
Ceramic magnets are made from strontium and iron oxide powders. They are generally harder, more brittle and lighter than metal alloy magnets. Ceramic magnets have a high electrical resistance.
What are permanent magnets made of?
Today's permanent magnets are made of alloys. Alloy materials include
· Aluminum-Nickel-Cobalt (Alnico)
· Neodymium-Iron-Boron (Neo magnets or "super magnets", a member of the rare earth category)
· Samarium-Cobalt (a member of the rare earth category)
· Strontium-Iron (Ferrite or Ceramic)
How are magnets made?
Magnets are made using the following manufacturing methods:
· Compression bonding
· Injection molding
· Pressing and sintering
How is magnetic strength measured?
A number of devices measure the strength of magnets. Here are a few common devices.
· Permeameters measure the magnetic characteristics of a specimen.
· Gaussmeters measure the strength of a magnet in units called Gauss units.
· Magnetometers measure in Gauss or arbitrary units for comparing magnets.
· Pull Testers measure the strength of a magnet's pulling power in pounds, kilograms, or other force units.
Questions About Spanner Science and Technology
What types of magnets does Adams Magnetic Products specialize in?
We specialize in several types of magnets.
· Flexible magnets are made of thermoplastic materials and can be bent without affecting their performance.
· Ceramic magnets, or hard ferrite magnets, are rigid and brittle provide good magnetic performance, and are generally economical.
· Alnico, or aluminum-nickel-cobalt, magnets are ideal for high-temperature use.
· Rare earth magnets deliver incredible strength in a small package.
· Magnetic assemblies, which are up to 32 times stronger than magnets alone.
How do I contact Spanner Science and Technology?
Just call +86 571 58627516, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information should I provide when ordering?
We will help you with your order. Usually we ask for the following information.
· Size limitations of the magnet or, if available, a sketch or drawing with dimensions and tolerances.
· Degree of heat involved, if extreme.
· Type of magnetic material.
· Quantities required.
· Information on what you want to use the magnet for.
Does Spanner Science and Technology have a catalog?
We have a catalog of offerings. If you would like to order a catalog, please call +86 571 58627516, or email email@example.com.